Reasons Why Tik Tok Will Never Die Down
Launched in 2016 by ByteDance in China, TikTok has grown globally in popularity. In September 2021, TikTok announced that “more than 1 billion people around the world come to TikTok every month to be entertained as they learn, laugh, or discover something new.”
With Tik Tok being the third largest worldwide social media platform, it has given many users to connect with one another through short clips. It is extremely popular that it grew at rapid speed that outrun Snapchat and Twitter. With its culture of creativity, there is something for everyone. Short-form videos are created with effects, music, text, or hashtags. Creators can also post multiple video clips together or photos.
People are often on Tik Tok due to the new trends they see on a daily basis. These trends can be viewed using TikTok’s “Trend Discovery” feature. Trends are grouped by hashtags, songs, creators, and videos. Markets can be further broken down by location, industry (pets, travel, games, etc.), and time frame (yesterday, last 30 days, last 120 days). These analytics are a treasure trove of information for both marketers and creators.
Why People Love Tik Tok
Get Paid to Create
If you are looking for a side hustle, you can become a content creator. If you’re 18 years or older, have 10,000+ followers, and at least 100,000 authentic video views in the last 30 days, then you may want to apply to TikTok’s Creator Next. Creator Next gives creators opportunities to monetize their accounts through several features. These features include Creator Fund, Creator Marketplace, LIVE Gifts, Video Gifts, and Tips:
- Creator Fund is available to creators in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain. Videos must adhere to TikTok’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. This Fund pays creators based on several factors, including video views and engagement.
- Creator Marketplace provides a sponsorship opportunity for brands and creators to connect through direct invite (brands invite a creator to work with them) or open an application campaign (creators submit an application to relevant campaigns). In this type of partnership, creators may receive payment, gifts, or a commission if another creator purchases the brand’s product or service. Audience engagement is key to the success of branded content.
- LIVE gifts are given to creators by their viewers during a LIVE video. Viewers purchase coins from TikTok and use these coins to send gifts. Based on the popularity of your video and the gifts you receive, TikTok may award you with diamonds. You can redeem these diamonds for money.
- Video gifts are virtual gifts that viewers send to a creator in the comments section of a video. TikTok awards diamonds that the creator can redeem for money.
- Tips are similar to what a server would receive in a restaurant. Viewers can show their support for a creator by giving them a monetary tip.
Marketing and advertising
According to Business of Apps, TikTok generated an estimated $4.6 billion in revenue in 2021, a 142% increase year on year. Also, TikTok is expected to reach 1.8 billion users by the end of 2022.
In April 2022, it was estimated that marketers could reach 970.2 million users (18 years old and above) on TikTok. That equates to approximately 12.2% of all people globally. In terms of a business’ advertising dollar, TikTok would be ideal if a business is targeting young adults. TikTok’s largest ad audience falls into the age group of 18 to 24 (43.3%), followed by the 25 to 34 year-olds (32.2%).
A TikTok Business Account can be lucrative for businesses that wish to create their own content for their brand. TikTok advertises that TikTok is “a place where brands of all sizes and industries can be seen, grow their following, foster global connections and achieve big results.” By setting up a Business Account, a business has access to analytics to monitor performance and engagement; provides followers with access to the business via e-mail; and promotes its website. Whether you are a creator, small business, large business, or an agency, TikTok has several resources to help you create content for your intended audience.
Businesses may complement a Business Account by setting up a TikTok Ads Manager Account to share ads on TikTok. Businesses will find this feature valuable as they can target their audience by gender, location, age, interests, etc. Businesses may also choose from TikTok’s diverse family of apps (TikTok, Vigo Video, Helo Babe, BuzzVideo) when placing their ads.
Tik Tok is similar to the internet, where you can get free education from creators. Creators provide valuable information to their audience in short videos. You can learn so much on Tik Tok just as much you learn things in school. Whether it's about finances, cooking, entertainment, photography, business, and others, you can learn anything on Tik Tok for FREE!
Potential for Fame
Tik Tok is a platform that can make you famous extremely quickly just like Bella Poarch. Her video of her lip syncing went viral, becoming the most liked video on the platform. When she was barely 20 years old, she had millions of followers in less than a year. Tik Tok gives people the opportunity to become famous and well-known like Youtube. If you want to become a public figure, Tik Tok is the platform everyone goes for to become popular.
The short videos that creators come up with catch the attention of many audience making it difficult to stop scrolling. Did you know that the short clips from Tik Tok boost your dopamine levels, making you addicted to the app? Once your dopamine level increases, it makes it harder to leave Tik Tok. This is one of the reasons why Tik Tok is addicting to the point where you can spend hours on.
Creators and businesses can enjoy incredible success by using Tik Tok. Some even built their business into a 6-figure one. Solid content strategies and hard work will contribute to increasing your followers.
Success is storytelling. Success is keeping viewers engaged. Success is community.
She started her blog, The Money Dreamer, when she realized the 9-5 job was not the lifestyle she wanted anymore. After designing for a while, she wanted a more meaningful life, which was freedom, so she decided to venture out. She took action so that she can live her dream life and decided to help people to live theirs by helping them how to save, budget, and invest.