How the 80/20 Rule Works

What is the 80/20 Rule

Simply put, the 80-20 rule states that 80% of your outcomes (outputs) come from 20% of causes (inputs). Using the pea example, 80% of the peas eaten from the garden came from 20% of the plants.

How to Apply The 80/20 Rule in Your Life?


You can eat 80% clean and nutritious foods, you can eat what you want 20% of the other time. Instead of a complete diet overhaul, adjust you’re eating habits 12 out of 15 meals, or 80% of the time!

Business, Wealth, & Investing

In essence, the concept is very simple, spend 80% of your money on things you need, enjoy, and bills – just make sure you’re paying yourself first with the other 20%!


You are who you associate with, for better or worse. The 80-20 rule is a great way to distance yourself from toxic relationships and increase time with those positive relationships you truly enjoy.


Most people have to break their bad habits before they can start seeing the results they covet in their lives. What better way to do this than to apply the 80/20 rule to your daily habits! – Spend 80% of your time on your top 20% priorities